Sometimes people get so caught up in trying to fill every second of their lives with interaction that we forget to take some time of for ourselves. Sometimes doing things alone can be empowering and can make you feel much more confident.
Things To Do Alone
1. Go to a library and get lost in a good book. It’s so much nicer visiting your local library when you don’t have your friend chatting about school, work or boyfriend/girlfriends. Explore the bookshelves and try all the different genres that you were never sure if you would like. Just take some time to yourself to make friends with new characters and dive into a whole new world for a while.
2. Go on a solo dinner date. The idea of sitting in a cafe or restaurant alone might sound a little sad but it’s honestly one of the nicest things. You don’t have anyone asking you for a bite and you don’t have to worry about making small talk. You get to spend some time to look over new foods you’ve never tried before and you might even find a new favourite food.
3. Have a spa day. You can just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. It will give you time to completely clear your head and escape all of lives stresses.
4. Go shopping. Having a friend with you can make shopping great fun. However, sometimes it’s nicer to browse the racks alone.Sometimes having someone shopping with you can slow you down. It’s so annoying when you’re trying on some clothes and you can hear your friend huffing and puffing in boredom. Going alone completely takes away that problem.
5. Take a walk. Walking is a great way to clear your head and get some exercise at the same time. If walking sounds a little boring then you can pop some earphone in and listen to your favourite tunes while enjoying the scenery.
6. Read blog posts. A great way to spend your time is just by reading different blog posts and catching up on all your favourites.
P.S. What’s something that you enjoy doing alone?