Journaling is a very powerful tool. It can help you stay organised, think ideas through, boost imagination and it can help you on the road to self-discovery.
Whenever I’m feeling unhappy or stressed, I love to reach for my bullet journal which helps get me through the harder times. Something that I want my bullet journal to help me with even more in self-discovery.
According to Google, Self Discovery is ‘the process of acquiring insight into one’s own character’. Self-discovery is all about knowing who you are, what you’re like as a person and the morals that you have.
So onto the journal prompts:
- If nobody was watching I would…
- Apart from time or money, what do you want more of?
- What’s working in your life?
- 10 words that describe me are…
- Yesterday I was…
- Today I am…
- Tomorrow I will be…
- If I could talk to my teenage self, the one thing I would say is…
- My favorite way to spend the day is…
- If you could have dinner with anyone currently alive, who would it be?
- I feel most connected to my purpose when…
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- What animal are you most like?
- What do you fear most about the future?
- What personal accomplishment are you most proud of?
- I have the power to…
- Are you a spiritual person?
- What book speaks to you on a personal level? Why?
- What fictional character do you relate to most?
- Do you stick up for yourself often?
- How do the important people in your life make you feel?
- Would you go to a party if you knew no one there?
- Would you be bored if you had to spend the day by yourself?
- Can you keep a secret?
- What do you do to cheer yourself up?
- Describe your favourite memory.
- Who would you tell first if you got some exciting news?
- What are you passionate about?
- How do you maintain balance in your life?
- How was your week?