Having an Instagram theme is something that I never thought I would do. I always thought that it was just too restricting and that it meant you could only post certain photos. Well, now I know that isn’t true because a theme is exactly what you choose it to be.
The theme that I went for was a ‘white’ theme. I chose it because it was clean and pretty easy to incorporate into each and every photo that I uploaded. That was the only rule that I decided to set for my theme. It doesn’t matter what I posted as long as it had white in the background.
How to Have an Instagram Theme
Creating an Instagram theme isn’t exactly hard but it can take some time. Before you start to work on your theme, you need to know that it is completely up to you what you choose. There are no rules on themes or ideas that you need to stick to.
Choosing Your Theme
Choosing a them can be done easily. Start by looking at all the photos that you enjoying seeing on your Instagram feed. Try to work out what they all have in common. For me, I liked most of the white, clean looking photos so that is how I decided on my theme. You may wish to base your theme on a colour like I did or you may wish to base it on an interest or hobby. For example, cycling, books or nature.
Taking The Photos
While taking a photo for your Instagram, you need to consider a few things before you upload it.
- Does it match your theme? Often, it only takes one photo to mess up your clean feed. I often have this issue with my white theme when I upload something that has a lot of colour.
- What device are you taking the photo with? I know a lot of people who use their DSLR to take photos for their Instagram feed. Personally, I just like to use my iPhone camera because I like the look it has more than using the DSLR.
- What shape is the photo? I know that Instagram now lets your upload photos in different shapes. To keep things near, I recommend keeping to one shape for all of your photos.
Editing Your Photos
There are so many ways you can edit your photos now on both your laptop or your phone. You should take some time to play with different programmes and apps until you find the one that you find the easiest to use.
Apps to consider:
- VSCO Cam. This app is my absolute favourite. I will admit that it took me a while to understand but one I had played with it for a while, I fell in love with it. I just find it so easy to edit my photos.
- Snapseed. This app is so simple to use and will produce great photo effects. I do use this often although it isn’t my favourite.
- Overgram. This app is great for rapping text over photos. You could use it to add words, quotes or titles to your photos if that matches your theme.
- The Instagram App Itself. For a long time, I did only use the Instagram app. It is great for editing photos and if you don’t want to download a bunch of apps then just using the Instagram app itself is a great idea.
When editing your photos, it is a goo idea to stick to the same filter for each photo. If you want all your photos to match, giving them the same filter will help.
I hope that this little guide helped you to choose and stick to a theme for your Instagram.
P.S. What theme do you have for your Instagram?
P.S.S. If you comment your Instagram account, I will be sure to give it a follow!