Self-Love (noun) – Regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.
We hear so much about self love these days but it’s really not easy. There’s only a certain amount of hours in a day and most of them are taken on work, housework, socialising, sleeping and eating. No one has hours in their day left for time on their own.
“But self love is important!”
Yes…. We know!!
Steps to Self-Love
1. Planning. Time must be carved out each and every day for ourselves. Just schedule in a little time for you to finish reading that book, taking a bath, going on a walk or anything that just helps you have a little time to yourself.
2. Know yourself and your needs. Where some people can spend hours with friends and family, others prefer to be alone. That’s okay. It’s important to know what you need. If you need more than a couple of hours a day to yourself then that is fine. Learn about yourself by spending some time alone. See what makes you feel calm and happy.
3. Recognise your achievements. We all do some amazing things in life but for some reason, we all focus on the things that go wrong. Take a few minutes everyday to focus on all the great things that you have accomplished.
4. Choose who you keep in your life. It’s great to have a lot of friends but sometimes there’s some ‘friends’ who do nothing but put you down. Try to remove the negative people from your life and surround yourself by positive people.
5. Set boundaries. You should know when to say no to work, socialising and anything else. Don’t force yourself to do something that you are not prepared to do. You have a limit and you should be ready to say no when someone is trying to push yours.
Maybe start by choosing one or two of these things to do each day and it might just make you feel a lot better in yourself.