Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to throw everything in the air and scream ‘f**k it all’? It’s usually the same day that you forgot something important, the bus was late, the shop ran out of your favourite sandwich at lunch and then you remember that it’s only Monday and you have a whole week to go. These days happen (whether it’s a Monday or not) and we have to pick ourselves up and keep going.
Since we all have those bad days, I created a little list of things to do when you’re having a bad day. So, let’s get into it.
1. Journal. Write, write and just keep writing until you’ve spilled out all your emotions and frustrations onto the page in front of you. Whether you write a sentence or a whole 20 pages, sometimes just writing down how you feel can be a great way to help you relax more. Personally, I find that lists help me a lot on a bad day. I like to write down all the bad things and try to turn them into a positive.
2. Go outside. It sounds kind of simple but it really works. If you’re having a moment of stress, drop what you’re doing, walk outside and take a deep breath. It works wonders for me each time I do it.
3. Read inspirational quotes. So you’re feeling down and needing a little bit of an uplift..?! Maybe words from some of the best writers in the world will help. One of my all time favourite quotes is ‘An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming’.
4. Binge watch a TV show with a cup of tea. Maybe tea isn’t your thing but I’m pretty sure that binge watching a TV show is definitely everyone’s thing. I’m currently binge watching The 100 and whenever I feel like poop, I just plonk myself with a cup of tea in front of the TV and sit there for a few hours. Always works.
5. Take a nap. This probably isn’t the best way to deal with things but it’s definitely my favourite!
I would love to know what you do when you’re having a bad day..