Everyone loves receiving a handwritten letter in the mail – especially an unexpected one! Why not take ten minutes out of your day to write a handwritten letter to someone special!
1. Your favourite celebrity. Whether it’s your favourite YouTuber, actor, singer or model. Tell them how much you admire them and how they have impacted your life. Explain to them why you love them.
2. A love note to your partner. To the person who has fallen in love with all your flaws along with the great person you are. Thank them for putting up with you and love you despite all your flaws.
3. An old friend. Tell them how much they impacted your life and that you’ll always be there for them if they want to talk again. Sometimes people drift apart but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t important in your life. Let them know that.
4. Your best friend. Tell them just how much you appreciate them and how much they mean to you.
5. Your parents. They’ve tolerated you and your shenanigans and they deserve to be thanked for it. Plus, receiving a handwritten letter from their child could mean the world to them.
6. Your Grandparents. They raised your parents and now they are watching you grow up. Older people aren’t too accustomed to today’s technology and a letter might remind them of the older days and bring a smile to their face.
7. A teacher that supported you through your education. Thank the teacher who went over and above to help you get those grades that you wanted. It might be there job to teach but to go over and above for you is a choice that they made themselves. Show your appreciation with a thank you note.
8. The person who broke your heart for the first time. They helped to teach you who you are as a person and that heartbreak taught you how to build yourself up again and how to become a stronger person. Thank them for that.
9. The person who’s heart you broke. Apologise and explain why. They deserve the explanation and they might benefit from the closure.
10. To the person living in your childhood home. They might not know you at all but it would be so interesting for them to read all about the memories that you made in that home and the adventures that you had.
11. Someone you’ve always been jealous of. Tell them how being jealous of them has made you be a better version of yourself and thank them for being the inspiration you needed to help you reach your maximum potential.
12. A politican. You might believe that they can make a difference in your life. You don’t have to politically inclined for doing this. You just need to make your voice heard.
13. Your siblings. They have always been there, taking care of each other. Thank them for that.
14. Your future self. How cool would it be to read a letter that you wrote to yourself?! You could write it now and save it for years and years. That would take some serious self control though.
15. Someone who is having a hard time. They need you. They just need to feel supported. Try your best to get them out of that dark place even if you don’t understand it. A word of encouragement can go a long way.
There’s so many people that you should be writing letters to so get writing.
Pin for later: