It’s always nice to be kind to others and yourself. That’s why I came up with 10 simple ways to be kind to others and yourself.
1. Compliment Someone. It really is just that simple. Just one compliment can really improve someone’s day. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
2. Smile. Smiling is one of the easiest ways to spread kindness. When you smile at someone, you make them feel good and make yourself feel better at the same time.
3. Give your time to a homeless person. I don’t mean just throw some money to them when you walk past, really stop and have a chat with them. Homeless people can be so lonely so your time will really mean a lot to them.
4. Call an old friend and let them know that you’re still there for them. It’s easy to let life get in the way of your friendships but it can feel so nice for both people to get on the phone and just have a catch up when you have a spare 5 minutes.
5. Send someone a funny video. It sounds very simple and that’s because it is. But for someone having a bad day, a good laugh might be just what they need.
6. Hold the door open for people. It really only takes up a couple of seconds of your life but it can be super helpful for people.
7. Listen. And really listen. Just listening to someone who really needs to talk can be one of the greatest acts of kindness.
8. Donate. Whether it’s your unwanted belongings or a little bit of spare change from the bottom of your bag, donating to a good cause is a great thing to do!
9. Avoid judgement. One thing that is definitely not nice is judging people before you know them. Really get to know someone.
10. Look after yourself. Of course, as well as being kind to others. You need to be kind to yourself.